Opening for Senior Grantwriter
Join a great talented and supportive team of senior writers, researchers, and senior consultants who have spent decades working in nonprofit and funding communities.
Access Philanthropy Inc. (API) has been around for twenty years, working with (large and small) nonprofit and government agencies locally, nationally, and international.
API is known locally and nationally for close, knowledgeable working relationships with every client; great information’ great writing/messaging’ and great people working in a great team.
API supports organizations
- Just starting up, or restarting their grants/fundraising efforts
- That need a specific push or assistance (perceptions, grant schedules, messaging)
- That need monthly support for grantwriting, fundraising plans, and just getting back on track
- That need specific grant and grantmaker information and strategies
API is one of the premier nonprofit fundraising support teams in Minnesota, providing
- Perceptions and “Lay of the Land” research
- “Who and How” workshops and webinars on all types of funders
- Independent research on funding in specific interest areas and for demographic groups
- Subscription-based online funder databases
- Prospecting for institutional and individual funders
- Funder relationship-building and strategies
- Organizational and fundraising planning
- Grantwriting and grant production support
- Just plain “Getting from here to there” consulting and planning.
We Need People Who
- Get to know a client’s work/needs quickly and thoroughly
- Communicate well with clients by email, text, phone, Zoom, etc.
- Are fearless of funders and their gatekeepers
- Can persistently keep clients on track with grant tasks and deadlines (“professional wrangling”)
- Work with well with the client’s team and with API’s researchers, writers, and advisors.
- Can juggle multiple clients/deadlines
- Support grant research for clients, such as deadlines and eligibility (support from API researchers)
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Work independently
- Are of good humor and patient with clients and others
- Love creative, innovative, and exceptional communications and grantwriting strategies
- Have a history of working with Minnesota funders
- Are comfortable with good grammar and composition, but know how to write in REAL English
- Are knowledgeable about nonprofit business and program practices
- Have a history, and great capacity to work well, with organizations operated by and for BIPoC
- And most importantly, consistently write clearly, succinctly, and engagingly.
What We Offer
- This is an independent contractor position, not an employment position
- Work with some of the most experienced and talented grant-thropists in Minnesota who really understand how to get heard and how to get funded
- Work in a great team environment with some sensitivity to personal needs and quirks
- Work from home (even after all this is over)
- Opportunities to learn. Some training opportunities are available.
- Work with GREAT clients
- $50/hour for the first year. Generally, 20-22 hours/month, typically 5-7 hours/week
- Send a cover letter, resume, sample of past clients, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, SAMPLES OF PAST PROPOSALS AND LETTERS OF INQUIRY
- Let us know your availability – when are you ready to write
- We aren’t crazy about telephone calls, but feel free to send a few smart questions to Steve. See below
- No deadlines, but we have clients waiting.
Send: cover, resume and WRITING SAMPLES to email@example.com