Research & Writing Position
Access Philanthropy is looking for someone with writing / research experience to craft meaningful articles aimed at engaging grant seekers and funders.
Desired qualities: Creative, self-directed, detail-focused, with skills in writing, analysis, and internet search.
We are a small, tight-knit team. This position will work alongside subject-matter experts in philanthropy and communications, and report to the President on topic selection.
This role will involve :
- Using information in Access Philanthropy’s funder databases, and many other resources, to author high-quality articles and reports on giving trends and topics ie. Family Foundations, NextGen Donors, Empowerment Funders.
- Writing in a variety of formats: blog posts and Linked-in posts, in particular.
- Exceptional undergraduate, graduate, and recently-graduated writers are encouraged to apply
- An exceptionally strong, concise, and effective writing style with an ability to communicate research in simple, clean, concise language
- Open-minded, well-informed, and interested in helping nonprofits succeed and in initiatives for the public good.
- Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative
- Detail-oriented to a fault
- Experience with Google Suite (including Google docs, sheets, etc) is a plus
- 5-10 hours per week $15.00/hour
- Reports must be timely
For more information or submit a resume and cover letter, write to email@example.com. We’re not big on inquiries or personal pitches