Steve (he/him) has spent his entire professional career in philanthropy – as a foundation director, fundraiser, trainer, donor consultant, author, researcher, and lobbyist. He knows his stuff. He draws on his diverse experience and extensive network to help nonprofits meet the right people, at the right time, and meet their goals.
- 45+ years of philanthropic experience
Former program officer and foundation advisor
Extensive experience working across the U.S. and internationally
- Author of over two dozen books and directories on foundations and corporate giving programs
- Steve taught philanthropy, fundraising and communications in business and nonprofit undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Former research director for national and regional philanthropy think tanks
- Steve has a Master’s degree in public affairs from the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey Institute and a Bachelors’ degree from the University of St. Thomas.